We have started a book club, of sorts, in THE WRITERS CLUB called the BOOK NOOK which reviews Novels but recently we've had the request for short stories and poetry to be reviewed as well. So in response, we have created BY THE BOOK, a short story, and poetry review.
Once a month we will make a post on in THE WRITERS CLUB with the picture you see on the cover of this book asking for submissions of work to be reviewed. This may increase if we see greater demand and participation in the process. This Post will be on the first MONDAY of every MONTH.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
A post will be made on the first Monday of every month requesting Short Stories and/or Poems to be reviewed. You can only submit them if you are a member of THE WRITERS CLUB.
1. You can offer a Short Story or Poem Anthology to be reviewed.
2. You can suggest your own book or someone else's but they must be a member of The Writers Club
3. Book suggested must be a completed or near-complete short story or an anthology of poems 10-25 poems.
4. You should attach a link to the book so it can be easily found in the post
LOOK FOR THE POST THAT HAS THE SAME PICTURE AS THE COVER OF THIS BOOK.
HOW IS A BOOK CHOSEN FROM THE LIST?
The book is chosen at random by our Moderators.
Once a book has been chosen a second post will be made telling you what book has been chosen and asking those that wish to be readers to sign up for that week’s reading.
WHAT IS MY COMMITMENT AS A READER?
If you choose to participate you are agreeing to:
To Read - The short story at least 5 chapters or in its entirety if less than 5 chapters or the poetry 10-25 poems. You, of course, can read more if you wish but the commitment for the sake of discussion will be five chapters only or no more than 25 poems.
To LIKE the book- if you are reading you agree to give the book a LIKE
To discuss the book - To come back on Saturday to THE WRITERS CLUB and discuss the story in a designated post by Booknet Authors.
Feel free to leave comments on the story as well but the book will be discussed in the comment section of the Post in THE WRITERS CLUB on Saturday of each week. That post will close at the end of Sunday to give you all a chance to respond since we cover the globe as far as time zones.
WHAT IS MY COMMITMENT AS AN AUTHOR?
If your book is chosen you agree as the Author to comment and answer questions about your book on the days the book is discussed. (Saturday and Sunday)
WHAT IS THE BENEFIT OF HAVING YOUR BOOK CHOSEN?
What is in it for the Author?
Well, first your book will be read and liked by each group of readers and second, for your participation, we will reward you with our own personal thank you by giving the author a Silver Feather, a booknet reward.
Last but not least, you will get your book discussed, getting some honest feedback on your story or poems from your fellow group members.
So remember, if you would like to participate in the BY THE BOOK:
- Be sure to FOLLOW and LIKE Booknet Authors page @booknetAuthors
- Request to become a member of THE WRITERS CLUB (be sure to answer the questions asked so we can verify you are a Booknet author.)
- Look for the post on the first MONDAY of every MONTH
- Post the link to your book or one of your favorites from another author
- Keep an eye out for the second post telling you which book has been chosen, and sign up to be a reader.
- Read your 5 chapters or 10-25 poems and LIKE the story.
- Meet back at THE WRITERS CLUB on Saturday and look for the post by Booknet Authors to begin the discussion about the book. You will have 2 days to post your review or questions- Saturday & Sunday.
***Remember the best way to get your book chosen is also to participate in the review process. It's only fair if people are dedicating their time to review your book that you do the same for a fellow author.
Reviews, Questions, and Answers for the Author will be compiled here for you to read. Thank you for your interest in BY THE BOOK and happy reading.
- Booknet Authors