How to become more popular on Booknet?
Booknet differs from other literary platforms. Therefore, the promotion methods that are used on other platforms may not work here. So we tried to write down several tips on how to become more popular on Booknet.
We will give you several recommendations on the best ways of publishing your stories and managing your activities on Booknet. We will also try to explain why these recommendations are important. For those of you who are a bit lazy to read all the explanations, please read the conclusions immediately at the bottom.
1. Small and irregular updates of your stories are ineffective. Why?
- Your story appears in the widget "Recently Updated" either during its first publication or after an update of approximately 3,500 words. More regular updates, more readers!
- Each reader who has the book in their personal library on Booknet receives a notification about the story update by the next several thousands of words. In fact, the notification is sent when the overall text added after the last notification exceeds 20,000 characters.
- Many readers like reading stories in parts and eagerly wait for updates.
Don't forget that Booknet has an option of delayed publishing to make your life easier.
2. Readers prefer bigger stories to smaller ones.
- We attract new readers by advertising. New readers usually look for complete and big stories. If the reader sees a small ongoing story, she is more likely to ignore this story.
- Booknet moderators regularly check which books can be promoted. Promotion of small stories is usually not effective.
3. Book covers are important. Even a wonderfully written story will lose its potential readers if it has an unremarkable cover. Also, keep in mind that readers may browse Booknet on their mobile devices. So the titles on the covers have to be big and readable enough. Don't forget about the copyrights on the pictures you use.
4. You probably have already noticed the "Follow" button on the author's page. Readers and followers are essential for the success on Booknet. It is a mistake when an author publishes only one book on Booknet, does not pay attention to own author's page and to the number of followers, doesn't answer on comments, and doesn't write blogs.
5. When the reader starts following the author, he or she receives not only notifications about new stories, but also about new blog posts. So, you can use Booknet blogs as a social network to communicate with your readers.
6. A story that has been added to libraries by many readers is more likely to be in the widget "You might also like" on the Library page. Therefore, you should try to invite your readers from other websites or your social networks to read your story, and suggest that they add your book to their libraries and follow you.
7. Be patient. Patience is Key to Your Success. Don't expect to become the top author in the first weeks, but strive for it by doing regular updates, improving your writing, learning from others, talking with your readers. ANd don't give up. All this and a tiny drop of luck will make you very popular.
8. Take advantage of the momentum. If you start publishing a new book, make sure ALL your followers on Booknet and anywhere else come to read your new book and follow the updates. It will give it the necessary initial boost that will push your books to the top of Booknet. And don't slow down the updates. It's much better to smaller updates every second day than huge ones but weekly. Unfortunately, even the greatest books can stay unnoticed because authors don't try to promote their books and reach out to readers.
Here are the tips again:
1. Make regular and big enough updates of your stories.
2. Keep in mind that readers prefer to read longer stories.
3. Pay attention to a story cover. Try to make it beautiful and readable.
4. Be active and engage with readers.
5. Use blogs on Booknet to communicate with your readers.
6. Persuade readers to add your stories to their personal libraries.
7. Don't give up.
8. Take advantage of the momentum.